Another day, another slew of ROM’s. The evolution continues. Today’s is mostly about fixing things in the previous release (01/09/14). So, what’s in this release, I hear you ask?
- I’ve removed the Intel framebuffer driver from Jeltka because Kernel Mode Setting doesn’t play nicely with kexec. Despite being a nice idea, VGA ROM independent Jeltka is therefore off the table.
- In addition to the automation and stability recently introduced by the script, having a separate coreboot tree for each base model (currently 12 not including the 2 ChromeOS coreboot trees I’ve kept hanging around after switching to upstream coreboot for Falco and Peppy), and moving to an md5sums file arrangement (simplifying upload and script maintenance), I’ve moved to having a “links” file for Haswell and Sandybridge/Ivybridge based Chromebooks, and using the same graphics id’s (0106 for Sandy/Ivybridge, 0406 for Haswell) across the board. This means there is much reduced chance of PEBKAC and ID-10T from my end resulting in ROM’s which don’t initialise the display (and leaving it to a Linux kernel to do it).
- The make process is now even simpler – make clean x 2, make, add choice of 2 links files, add Jeltka, upload.
- There will be *NO* Flashrom in Jeltka, as flashing with upstream Flashrom isn’t possible unless you’ve already used an external programmer on your Chromebook’s SPI chip. In lieu of that, I now recommend starting an Arch install to the point where you’ve setup the network, and then change VT’s to download flashrom and a ROM from my site. Similarly this is my recommended method of rescue, as the arch installer/rescue also has useful utils like Testdisk.